Below are the assessment dates for Year 12 English Language.
Students are reminded of the policy regarding all assessment tasks.
Short answer questions and written analysis on both spoken and written informal language.
Start outcome early February
1. Short answer questions on unseen texts
2. Analytical essay analysing distinctive features of formal language in written and spoken texts.
Start outcome mid–March
Wednesday 19 May at 2.00pm
1. Short answers on unseen Australian Literary text.
2. Analytical essay on Australian English Varieties.
Start outcome mid–June
Wednesday 19 August at 2.00pm
1. A written analysis of how people's choice of language reflects and constructs their identities.
2. An analytical essay on Individual and Group Identities.
Start outcome mid–August
WEdnesday 16 September at 2.00pm
All outcomes in Units 3 and 4 will be examined.
All the key knowledge and skills that underpin the outcomes in Units 3 and 4 are examinable.
All questions are compulsory.
Week of 5 October